So you want a website?

What CMS should I use for my new website?

(644 words – 3 to 4 minutes read)
Code it from scratch or use a Content Management System?

You can have your website 100% “hand coded” using HTML, CSS & JavaScript, but you can also use one of the many CMS (Content Management Systems). The CMS will to some degree reduces the need for coding, so a website, in general, can be developed much faster. The CMS offerings cover the full spectrum from simple free website building tools like Google Sites and Wix to paid enterprise systems like IBM Watson Content Hub – the possibilities are almost endless.

The worlds 3 leading Content Management Systems got almost 71% of the market! 

51.9% of the world’s websites do NOT use a CMS. The remaining 48.1% (approx. 601.7 million websites) that use a CMS are using one of the 300+ paid or free CMS. Of these hundreds of CMS WordPress (released in May 2003) is the absolute leader. WordPress is used by 28.6% of all the world’s websites!!! Wordpress got a staggering 59.4% market share of the total CMS market. The most popular websites built with WordPress are The New York Times, Forbes and Facebook Blog. The second most popular CMS platform used for website development is Joomla with 6.8% market share of the CMS market followed by Drupal with 4.7% market share of the CMS market. Source: https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/content_management/all

WordPress the absolute leader!

WordPress was born out of a desire for an elegant, well architecture personal publishing system built on PHP and MySQL and licensed under the GPL. The GNU General Public License (GNU GPL or simply GPL) is a widely used FREE software license, which guarantees end users the freedom to run, share and modify the software, so there are no fees to be paid! WordPress is the official successor of b2/cafelog. It is a modern CMS that today is not only used for blogging websites, but also as the platform for business websites and community websites. It is a mature and very stable product with thousands free and premium themes (predefined website layouts) and thousands of free and premium plugins that extend and expand the functionality of the website. It is relatively easy to setup and maintain a simple website and there is a huge WordPress community that will provide assistance for FREE.

Sites N All use WordPress with the Divi theme

Sites N All have not surprisingly selected WordPress as our CMS platform for website development – I have myself use WordPress from the very beginning back in 2003. We have also selected a premium WordPress theme the Divi theme from Elegant Themes. Divi can be described as a multi-purpose-theme than can easily be 100% customized; it is the ultimate theme for web design professionals and is currently one of the top 10 WordPress themes used in the world.

Standard development procedures

Sites N All have standard website development procedures in place making the cost of a development of a new website very competitive!

If you would like to discuss the development of a new website then please BOOK A FREE 1-HOUR CONSULTATION!

Limited Time Offer: FREE WEBSITE (offer did expire on 31 December 2017)

Sites N All is going to offer a few lucky clients not only the development of a FREE website but also a FREE one-year hosting service! During the last 6 months of 2017, six lucky clients will have their website developed for FREE. If you would like to be considered for our FEE service PLEASE REGISTER – you got everything to win and nothing to lose.

We are VERY keen to donate our services to Not-For-Profit organizations, but we will consider anyone e.g. personal blog or business website, start-up website, lifestyle business website, small- to a medium business website. Your chances of being a winner are pretty high, but the nomination is always 100% at the discretion of Sites N All.

If you want to share the information in this post simply just highlight some of the text and select the media to use for sharing – it’s that simple 🙂